[RESOLVED] BLADE - Load Selection in Console Error

I'm getting this error when loading a single line selected statement.
The evaluator seems to ignore the initial paren and fails ..

If I select a multiline with the initial line whitespace the eval works ..

Multiline all code fails

An expression within a statement fails.

An expression within a statement if the first character is whitespace on the previous line seems to work.

Regards
Kerry

Comments

• I have submitted Support Request SR 85433 for this.

Regards

• Thanks to Torsten

Seems, the problem is caused by the comment above, in vle-extension.lsp, as you tried with :

;;| Copyright © Menhirs NV. All rights reserved. |

There is the copyright character, if you remove that, or the entire line, all works fine.
    This indicates a problem with selection (for "Load in BriicsCAD/Console"), as it gets affected by the copyright character.

As background, the used Scintilla editor uses UTF-8 / Multibyte-Characters for internal encoding, so it seems the copyright character uses 2 internal > bytes, instead of one, which then causes a mismatch between Sctinilla's internal byte sequence, and the character sequence as shown in editor.

But, "Copy" to clipboard for example works fine …
    I will check and fix the 2 functions, to be safe against the issue …

I imagine this stopgap will resolve any issues for others untill an update is available,

again,
    Many Thanks to Torsten

• Dear Kerry (and all others),

yes, this glitch has now been fixed internally ... so to come with an update;
    but there is also a nice workaround : Drag & Drop of selected text into "Lisp Console" also works, and no such issue here :smile:
    many greetings !

• From Torsten

This issue has been fixed now, both "Load in Console" and "Load in BricsCAD" now work properly, using the correct text
    (was a wrong selection function that BLADE used internally, causing the mismatch …)

Just a note :
    you can also Drag & Drop selected text into Console Window, there is was always correct :-)

again,
    Many Thanks to Torsten

This discussion has been closed.