Anyone know of a add on that resembles the "Styles" toolbar from AutoCAD?

The company I work for is transitioning to Bricscad from AutoCAD, and I'm working on a project that's changing Text Styles. I'm having to go through the Properties window currently and it's a few extra steps that'd I'd rather not do. :smile:

Anybody know of one or an easier way? I used to just select everything in the drawing and just change the Text Style from the toolbar drop down and be done. Now I have to switch between MText and Text from the Properties window filter so essentially I'm doing it twice.

Comments

• You can use the _SelectSimilar command to select entities with the same style. Use the _SEttings option of the command to specify this.
    Alternatively you can rename the existing text style and change its properties.

• that's still the same if not more steps than doing it the current way in bricscad.

• Hans De Backer
    edited January 2019

Perhaps this is a good time to discover the Structure Panel, one of the ways to open it is the STRUCTUREPANEL command.
    The structure panel shows the content of your drawing, organized as a tree of entities, yes, a different way to look at your data...

Attached to this post you will find two sample structure panel config files ( with .cst extension) which define which type of content is displayed in this panel, how it is grouped, how it is sorted, how it behaves upon selecting items in the panel or selecting items in the drawing.

Place the .cst files in your support folder - the easy way to do this is keying in 'SUPPORTFOLDER' on the BricsCAD command line, which will open Windows Explorer displaying the contents of your support folder.

In the structure panel, click the down arrow in the top right corner and select e.g. the 'By Type' config: the content of your drawing is shown grouped by entity type. If you select an item in the tree, it gets selected in the drawing, if you double-click it, the view is zoomed to fit the entity. There's more to discover, but you probably begin to get an idea of the lurking power.

Now, click the down arrow again and select the 'Texts Only' config: as the name says, I configured it to display only the various types of Text that a dwg can contain. Now, click on the head of the 'Mtext' branch in the tree, and while keeping the Ctrl or Shift key down, click on the 'Text' branch: as a result all Texts and Mtexts are selected. Finally, select the desired style in the Properties panel.

This description may seem long winded, but please do give it a try: modifying all text styles can be done in 2 seconds this way

• that is faster. thanks man. i appreciate it.