Using Mechanical Browser with 2D Constraints

Am I being a bit slow regarding the use of the Mechanical Browser with 2D Constraints?

Does anybody else have this issue?

There doesn't seem to be a way to use the constraints listed in it to adjust the constrained drawing. I appreciate that this could be because it is only available in the Platinum version, but the new help doesn't indicate this the way the old help used to (again I may be missing this).

It is a bit frustrating as my drawings have dozens of constraints and I have to pick my way through the drawing to adjust them and if they are user added constraints, I need to revert to the command line with the "-parameters" command to adjust them.

The odd thing is I notice there is an animate button in the Mechanical Browser which is interesting but I would rather have this disabled (in V19 Pro and kept for the Platinum version) and have the use of the Mechanical Browser to do the important stuff like adjusting the dimensions.

Again sorry if I am missing something in the way this works, it would be great if I am wrong and it can be done in V19 Pro.

I will raise a feature request if this isn't possible as the Mechanical Browser is just taunting me with being there and having no functionality.

Comments

• Hi David,

Perhaps raise a support request? The mechanical browser won't show 2D geometric constraints, but will show 2D dimensional constraints. These are displayed as Parameters.

The animate option is a new feature with V19. It's a useful way to visualise what a parameter is actually driving and to test your model when building.

You can edit 2D dimensional constraints from the Property Bar. You can also double click on them and edit them onscreen. If you use this option you won't see the model update until you escape out of DDEDIT (a bug I think).

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

Come to the Australasia BricsCAD Conference

• Hi Jason,

Apologies for the late reply.

I sent an SR and discovered that the new Parameters dialog is what I need.

I can now manipulate constraints to my hearts content without jumping through hoops!

Another box ticked for useability, well done Bricsys.