Missing button icons/commands on re-installation

I had to reinstall V16 on a new drive, and among some other issues, the icons on some of the buttons are missing, and the commands aren't recognized; the buttons have a "?", and if you hover over one the command name is displayed, but clicking on it results in an unrecognized command (see attached). I have the old drive set up and accessible as a storage drive, and copied the old support folders, etc in place of the new ones... some of my tool bars and custom stuff transferred fine, others did not. What did I miss?

Comments

• This implies that the paths in Settings>Settings>Program options>Files>Support file search path are not set correctly or that there are folders that did not get moved completely. "?" indicates that the bitmap for the icon was not found in any of the folders in the search path.

• I've done a side-by-side comparison of Program Files>Bricsys and each sub folder, and the same for the roaming directory; everything appears identical. Nothing has changed on the old drive since I last used BricsCAD, and everything was perfect then...

With that said, I can't find any bmp files in any of the Brics directories, but most of the icons are displayed...

• The built-in icons are in resource files and are not stored as bmp files.

Your description appears to say that you checked the folders in Windows. That's not the same as checking Settings within Bricscad. Open Bricscad. Enter SETTINGS at the command line (or click on the SETTINGS menu then on the SETTINGS menu entry). Select Program options. Select Files. Edit the search path to include the folders where your custom items are stored.

• Brics V19. Icons with ? Marks. How do I fix?

• Icons with question marks means that Bricscad could not find the file for the icons on the search path. If these are custom icons you need to add the path to the folder containing the icon files to the SRCHPATH variable. If these are icons that are built-in to Bricscad please post the contents of the SRCHPATH variable. Bricscad does not appear to update SRCHPATH to point to the default files for the new version if you upgrade. I am running V19 but the Bricscad entries in SRCHPATH all pointed to V17 folders.