If I make a window, how can I select all entities inside this window and copy and paste them?

This is actually all my question, because i work with maps and need to fit in parts of hight curves from another file

Comments

• If your window is created by making your 2nd click to the right of your 1st click, it will be the type that only selects items fully inside your window (if you first click to right, and the 2nd click is t the left, it will be a "crossing window".

Then there are two ways to copy them. If you use the native BricsCAD copy command (which behaves like AutoCAD.. which proceeded the invention of the Windows software that uses Cntl-C) then you type "copy" and you will be prompted to select the starting point, and then the final location. Note that this must be withing the same drawing and same drawing tab.

The alternative is to use the Windows based copy system. You can simply use Cntl-C. Though, there is a variation in the Edit menu, which permits you to select a base point first. Otherwise the base point is the lower left extreme of the objects. Then you can paste, Cntl-V anywhere that will accept it. This may be another BricsCAD file, or on another tab. Many programs will not recognize the BricsCAD objects in the clipboard, but programs such as MS Word does.

-Joe