entities inside a window

I need to ask the question again: How do I select all entities only inside a window in order to copi them and paste them. I get a map in one file and the hight curves in another one. But he size of the hight curves cover much more than my map. So how do I take a part of the hight curves cut them out in order to fit them to my map file?

Comments

• Map? Height Curve? what are they, what type of geometry. You can't use a window selection to select only parts of objects, you could I imagine copy paste and then trim objects, or you could insert your map as an "xref" or block and use the "xclip" command. But that is just guess work without seeing some more details about what exactly you are talking about. Can you post some example files.

• Could this be what the OP is after?

https://jtbworld.com/jtb-trimwindow

• What David Wright posted is a 3rd part solution to a trimmed selection. If it is a rare thing to do, I personally just Cntl-C and use a crossing window, then Cntl-V the objects into an empty area of the drawing, or onto another drawing, then draw a square that I trim objects to. (typically using a fence selection method). Then I copy (via Cntl-C) the results to Cntl-V them in another drawing.

-Joe

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited February 2019

@Joe Dunfee said:
    ..... then draw a square that I trim objects to (typically using a fence selection method). .....

A quick way to do the trimming is to use Joe Burke's CookieCutter2 version 1.2 (Free, at The Swamp), selecting that square as the trimming edge and then clicking outside of it to trim everything at once.