Units

I admit that I live in the backwards world of the United States, but when the new version of Shape came out, why did they omit Feet-Inches from the Units menu.......all I have available to me is inches and that does not help me, where you have the full compliment of metric units. If we had been forward thinking enough we would have gone to metric a long time ago....but we did not. So what does it take to add that to Shape

Comments

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited February 2019

If you select inches, units will be displayed in feet and inches. AFAIK typical for the US ACE industry. You can enter values in feet, inches and feet+inches. I would say that what you want is already there.

• The units are not actually "displayed" in Ft-Inches, any measurement made in Shape displays in only inches. Fortunately I can do the math in my head pretty quickly, but there may be others who have to reach for the calculator (not because they can't do the math in their heads, but they are busy trying to create a model, and it becomes a hindrance not a value). Now it is possible that there is a setting in the Registry that helps to alter the display characteristics of the dimensional characteristics of Shape, but since I am still governed by AIA Standards, even when using Shape to describe a project even in quick 3D.....this complicates things when using Shape for Axonometric projections......but knowing BricsCAD as a company, they will figure it out soon enough, Thanks for the reply.

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited February 2019

After installing and testing with V19 I have to confirm that this issue indeed exists in that version. In my previous test I used V18. The LUNITS setting in the V19 Shape-inch.dwt template is wrong. Using the file from the V18 installation can solve this. See the attachment.
    Default location for the file:
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Bricsys\BricsCAD Shape\V19x64\en_US\Templates\

• Hi Roy, That was a great suggestion, since I had removed the previous version of Shape (v18), I did not even think to try this, figuring that I had wiped out the old templates. Goes to show, I am trying to be busy creating than programming.....it is an old age syndrome thing that I am going through ! Thanks again for the lead and the fix.