Layout shifted in PDFcreator

Hi,

I have the following issue which I cannot find the answer to.

I have a printer layout which works fine. However, when I change the pagesetup of the layout to PDFcreator the viewport is shifted.

What is going? And how can I fix this. (see images attached)

ps. what is the dashed line in the printer layout?

Comments

• The dashed lines indicate the non-printable margins of the printer. Try using the 'Center on page' option.

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    The dashed lines indicate the non-printable margins of the printer. Try using the 'Center on page' option.

thank you for your answer. I cannot choose "center on page" in layout mode

• Try using 'Extents'.

• Thank you for the answer. I will try this.

another question,

@Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    The dashed lines indicate the non-printable margins of the printer.

How can I snap to this dashed line? (I want to make my viewport as big as the dashed line)

• I always use PDFcreator, and I've never had that offset problem with a file that I've created. I always set Plot Area = Layout, and I don't check the "Center on page" box in the "Plot offset" area of the Page Setup window, and I keep the X and Y values in that area at 0.

I've only gotten the offset if someone else has used the file previously and at some point has either set a plot offset or a "Windowed plot area" size. If it's the latter, I sometimes have to set Plot Area = Window temporarily so I can clear those fields, and then I return to Plot Area = Layout.

You can't snap to the Printable Area line, and it doesn't appear when PDFcreator is the printer because it has no such limit. Anyone who later prints your PDF file to a real printer will lose anything outside their printer's printable area, unless they scale the print to fit. So you should make an assumption about the non-print margin that you expect, and base the viewport size on that assumption.