Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Z not = 0

Working in a new file in 2D straight after 19.2.03 install, entities are getting a Z value on creation - esp Xlines - and it's getting worse. Is there a setting to force z=0?

Flatten explodes my Blocks, or rather gives them new unique names.

Comments

• Did you check the Elevation setting yet?

• My guess is that there are some snap points in the dwg with a non-zero Z and xlines that have been created from those points have a small incline leading to a greater delta Z as you move further from their first point.

• Louis, this is 3D>Elevation? It's 0.
    Is this the only setting which guarantees z=0 in 2D drafting? which in turn depends on the Current UCS (if any) being exactly 0,0,0.

Roy, yes I think that's why Xlines show huge z, like 120000, while say a Line shows only z=0.015. Often, when deleting and re-making an Xline from same point, it would be fine, z=0.

Well, it seems to have stopped now, after overnight close/re-open (yesterday, close/re-open didn't help).

• @Tom Foster said:
    Is this the only setting which guarantees z=0 in 2D drafting? which in turn depends on the Current UCS (if any) being exactly 0,0,0.

Yes that's correct. But, if you snap to a point which is not at z=0, the entity being created does not lie in the XY-plane; e.g. when defining the first point of a polyline, the polyline lies in a plane parallel to the XY-plane at a z value of the snapped point.
    When you think there is something wrong with your drawing, please file a support request.

• Yeah OK. Thanks

• Also set osnapz to on (ignore entity snap elevation)

• Good - thanks