Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Main User Interface Customization error message

Hi,
I have a question regarding to this topic.
I get the error message as stated in the title, but there is no error, so this message should not be displayed.

I start BricsCAD using a /P profile.arg file where I define the MAIN.cui file.
Here is how it looks like in my .arg file:

"CuiFile"="MYMAINCUFILE"
"MENUNAME"="MYMAINCUIFILE.cui"
"SRCHPATH"=".;%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V16\en_US\Support\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Bricsys\BricsCAD V16 en_US\Support\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Bricsys\BricsCAD V16 en_US\Fonts\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Bricsys\BricsCAD V16 en_US\Help\en_US\"

I have that .cui file placed in %appdata% and BricsCAD do load this menu BUT it still displays the error message.
I click OK on the error message and I can see that my .cui is loaded correctly despite the message.

I test that by typing in MENUNAME and it gives back the correct path and .cui.

What am I doing wrong? How can I avoid that message box? Is it somewhere in the registry that tells BricsCAD where to look for the file or?
thanks.

Comments

• If you check the MENUNAME value after installation you will find something like this:
    %APPDATA%\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V18x64\en_US\Support\default.cui
    Apparently leaving out the path results in an error message.

• Hi, I don't understand what you mean exactly?

We load our own .cui file during installation (through the /P command). And the .cui is loaded, I can verify that with command MENUNAME directly after I click away the error message that I want to get rid of.
    What do you mean I am doing wrong?
    Thanks..

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    If you check the MENUNAME value after installation you will find something like this:
    %APPDATA%\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V18x64\en_US\Support\default.cui
    Apparently leaving out the path results in an error message.

ah now I understand. I have tried to include the path in the profile file as well, but that did not work either :)

• Try including the file extension for "CuiFile" in your .arg.

• Hi, I have tried with the path and also file extension. Not helping unfortunately.
    One question:
    What happens when browsing for a .cui to load, is it some value in the registry that is saved or?
    Let me rephrase:
    How do BricsCAD know which menu that was last loaded so next time it is loaded automatically. I am trying to understand why I get this dialog all the time even though my menu is in fact loaded.

• edited March 20

Have you perhaps 'manually' edited the CUI? Testing your ARG customizations with the default.cui may be a good idea. You would then know were to look, ARG or CUI, for a solution.