Importing drawing entities

I have written several stand alone (mostly Delphi) civil engineering applications that create some drawings. Typically I write a DXF file to write the entities only. Ther are following limitations in various ACAD/ICAD versions:1. AutoCAD R13 - perfect, because only the ENTITIES section can be read into existing drawing (dxfin command), so this is very easy, one can prepare a prototype drawing containing all needed blocks, then reference the blocks in many INSERT commands in DXF.2. ACAD2000 - quite OK, DXF can be inserted as a block.3. ACAD R14 and ICAD - major problem as DXFIN is allowed only to completely blank drawing. Thus, all dxf sections need to be specified including block definition, linetypes etc. => sometimes hardly usable.As an option, I tried writing the entities to a script (.SCR) file. This works fine in ICAD and ACAD, but the execution of the script is painfully slow compared to DXFIN - the scripts typically define thousands of entities, taking minutes to execute.I'm considering the following remaining options and would like someone's comment on the speed comparison between the methods:1. Driving ICAD from Delphi app through COM. I expect this to be even slower than using SCRipts?2. Writing an equivalent Lisp. My current Lisp routines are not too complicated so I have no estimate of the speed comparison. Is there a chance there would be a big performance gain?3. Using SDS - but is it possible to do it in Delphi? Or do I really need to switch to VC++ to do this? And is it much faster than SCRipt?Which way is the best by your opinion? Any chance of having ICAD's DXFIN more usable in next version(s)? Any comments welcome.RegardsVQ