PDF underlays in drawings are missing in plotted PDF file.

A single 8 page 8.5x11 PDF is being referenced 8 times, 1 for each page, to build the desired final CAD drawing onto a 24x36 sheet with our border. Think product specification sheets. Come to think of it, I've got the same problem with a similar drawing, but with 8 different PDF being referenced rather just 1. But when plotting the final PDF file, not all of them show up. Results are random, some times 1 shows up, others only 2 or 3 are missing. I've used "Print as PDF" & "Bluebeam" (system & PC3 versions) as printers as well as the "Export to PDF" option under the File menu. Also tried changing different settings for each. All produce the same random results. See the example image files, source DWG & resulting PDF.

Comments

• Hi Mac,

I recommend that you raise a support request as it looks like it could be a bug, please make sure that you include an ETRANSMIT of the drawing file. You don't state which version of BricsCAD you're using (would be a useful forum feature), so it is hard to give a specific response. Some workarounds to try:

• If you are using V19, try printing from V18 instead. There was a change in BricsCAD's PDF engine between versions.
    • Try opening the PDF in another PDF viewer other than Bluebeam, then print the PDF back out to PDF, again using a different PDF printer to Bluebeam.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts