Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Printing from Tabs inconsistant

When I print PDFs from paperspace, some tabs print horizontally (landscape), and others print vertically (portrait), despite all of them being set to "landscape" in the page setup dialog. All of the print settings are the same.

I have tried copying a tab that prints correctly, then copying the viewport from a tab that does not print correctly into the new tab, and the problem seems to be following the viewport... However, I can't seem to find any viewport-specific settings that would cause this.

I have been dealing with this problem for a while, and until now I just rotated the pdf after printing, but I need to get this corrected... what other settings am I overlooking?

Comments

  • edited June 3

    @Casey Fry said:
    I have tried copying a tab that prints correctly, then copying the viewport from a tab that does not print correctly into the new tab, and the problem seems to be following the viewport

    That's surprising. I move viewports between layouts all the time and haven't ever seen that happen. Can you post a file in which it occurs?

    At one time I occasionally had the problem you described in your first paragraph, but I haven't had it recently. I thought that was due to my habit of always creating new layouts by using the "Copy" option to duplicate a good layout in the same file. But your experience suggests that's not what solved it.

  • @Casey Fry said:
    When I print PDFs from paperspace, some tabs print horizontally (landscape), and others print vertically (portrait), despite all of them being set to "landscape" in the page setup dialog. All of the print settings are the same.

    I have tried copying a tab that prints correctly, then copying the viewport from a tab that does not print correctly into the new tab, and the problem seems to be following the viewport... However, I can't seem to find any viewport-specific settings that would cause this.

    I have been dealing with this problem for a while, and until now I just rotated the pdf after printing, but I need to get this corrected... what other settings am I overlooking?

    Try using the built-In "Print as PDF" Printer

    Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

  • @Anthony Apostolaros said:

    @Casey Fry said:
    I have tried copying a tab that prints correctly, then copying the viewport from a tab that does not print correctly into the new tab, and the problem seems to be following the viewport

    That's surprising. I move viewports between layouts all the time and haven't ever seen that happen. Can you post a file in which it occurs?

    At one time I occasionally had the problem you described in your first paragraph, but I haven't had it recently. I thought that was due to my habit of always creating new layouts by using the "Copy" option to duplicate a good layout in the same file. But your experience suggests that's not what solved it.

    I'll try and set up an example this afternoon.

    @Jason Bourhill said:

    Try using the built-In "Print as PDF" Printer

    Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

    I assume you are talking about the "Publish" option? If so, that's a whole other problem for another thread; when I use "Publish" for batches, it inserts weird characters in the text, making it unusable. If that's not what you are referring to, then it must be a feature in a version later than 16...

  • edited June 6

    Casey,

    Print as PDF is a virtual printer, just like PDF Creator or CutePDF Writer. You'll see it in the drop-down Printer list of any Page Setup dialog, along with all the printers connected and all the virtual printers installed. Or at least that's true of v17 and newer.

    Publish is a command that allows you to print all the layouts at once, using any of the available printers.

    The problem you described in your first paragraph might possibly be connected to the different ways different virtual printers handle page orientation. I've been under the impression that what solved the problem for me was always using the same virtual printer and always using the same combination of orientation settings in Bricscad's Page Setup palette and in the printer's configuration file. But I could be wrong about that.

  • edited June 7

    @Casey Fry said:
    If that's not what you are referring to, then it must be a feature in a version later than 16...

    Print as PDF was introduced with V17. It would be useful if people declared their BricsCAD version when posting. If you have the option, then I would run a trial of the current release to see whether it resolves your problem.

    Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

Sign In or Register to comment.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.

Powered by VanillaForums, Designed by Steam