Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows + inserted Components

Replacing Components :
I work in INSUNIT Meter.
For my IFC Imports, inserted Window and Door Blocks, insunits scaling works well.
Also for inserting standard components.
Dimensions ok, Scale Factor 1 ok.
But when I replace my existing Windows by Bricscad Windows Components,
the new Components switch to Scale Factors of 1000 !
I have to scale them back manually in Property Panel.
(If only Autocad could keep my Selections ...)

Selecting inserted Components :
I most times have multiple inserted Components that are exactly equal.
And I want to select all of the same Components, to make change them all in the same way.
Select Similar will only select e.g. ALL Windows.
I tried to select them in Structure Tree.
I can only if I applied different names for different Window Types.
I don't find any way in Custom Order to sort my differen't Window Components by e.g. Size

Window "Styles" :
Before replacing Components, I place a suitable standard Window Component into any
Wall and adapt its settings to my needs. E.g. Frame Sizes, insertion depth, etc.
Something like I would do in VW by Window Styles.
Now I want to replace existing Windows to get that Frame "Style" so I try to replace them by
my new Component Setup like in #1.
But Bricscad's "Style" definition also includes Length and Width !
So I have to adapt my new origin Component in Length/Width manually each time before
I could replace my previous Windows.
(a)
Obviously I could select all related Windows (with problem in #2.) and adapt all their
attributes in Property Panel.
but (b)
that won't work if e.g. in cases where I need to replace Windows created from Polylines
on Walls, with Windows from standard Components,
as Polyline Windows don't have all custom Frame Settings that standard Windows have ....

So I would like to see a separation of Windows Settings which represent the characteristics
of all Window or Door ("Style"), like Frame Sizes - from basic Dimensions like overall
Length/Width, which may differ between all Windows

Comments

• For my IFC Imports, inserted Window and Door Blocks, insunits scaling works well. Also for inserting standard components. Dimensions ok, Scale Factor 1 ok. But when I replace my existing Windows by Bricscad Windows Components, the new Components switch to Scale Factors of 1000 !

BTW
    Library Components : Railings
    are unitless.
    They show a default of 2000 non units in Length.
    (Which is 2 meters in my metrical INSUNITS-land.