Dimensioning - big problem?

I use ver.3.3.0003 and find it quite usable - an impressive improvement over some earlier versions. But when it comes to dimensioning, it still has major problems, for example:1. Moving the dimension text to avoid collision with other entities MOVES ALSO THE DIMENSION LINES. It seems to be impossible to move the text of a dimension vertically without moving the lines.2. Dimension angular - I can't make it show decimal places of the angle, only integer part is shown. If I open an existing ACAD dwg file, the angles of existing dimensions are drawn with specified decimal places. But any change to dimension settings removes decimal places. Also, any new dimensions show only integer part. Any suggestions of how to make it work? I think issues like this one need to be addressed without delay as otherwise ICAD usabilitu is severely decreased. Looking forward to a positive response, hopefully before the end of the year to allow us consider ICAD for this year's CAD software investment.

Comments

• I'm not sure any of these things should be fixed - they seem to work ok. 1. Vertical text position (in horizontal dimensions) is controlled by the DIMGAP variable (if DIMTAD = 1 - text above dimension line) . You can manually adjust DIMGAP for a specific dimension entity with the DIMOVERRIDE command.2. The number of decimal places is controlled by the DIMADEC variable. If this has a value of -1 it will use the setting of the DIMDEC variable (which controls the number of decimal places for linear dimension) Any other value from 1-8 is valid also.Remember to open the DDIM dialog and save the style when you make changes to dimension variables.

• Thanks for quick reply! Maybe I really have some settings wrong, so now I test the steps on standard "icad-meter.dwg". The following behaviour seems strange (related to my previous post, item 2):1. I draw two lines:line 2.8671,11.15544.9004,6.678513.9102,11.28602. Create 2 angular dimensions; they appear OK (including decimal places)dimang4.3781,7.79776.5233,7.51796.5979,8.7864dimang3.4081,9.99899.1535,8.87976.6352,9.98023. Double click one of them to edit its properties (can't be done in script), then click "Dimension settings", click OK without changing anything, then OK to close Entprop dialog.4. To my surprise, the angular dimension now shows integer part only.5. All subsequent DIMANG commands have no decimal places.Can you reproduce my steps and confirm the same ICAD behaviour?Regards Vaclav KvasnickaPontex Ltd. Consulting EngineersPrague, Czech Republic

• I can reproduce this, looks like a small bug in the program. If you manually save dimstyle "Standard" before attempting to edit, it seems to work ok.

This discussion has been closed.