Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fonts Style

Hi Team,

Fonts style do not retain after opening AutoCAD dwg file in BricsCAD Platinum

Regards
Manohar Boddu

Answers

• I believe the problem here is that you are opening a .DWG file that was created in AutoCAD with BricsCAD, every CAD software writes and works differently in a way, better you start working directly on BricsCAD from the start. You can also try to export the said .DWG file from AutoCAD with a later year date or a different file extension.

I also noticed small changes in my .DWG files when I start working in AutoCAD and then when I open it later with BricsCAD

Hope this helps

• Manohar, when I open a file created by someone using Autocad, the text styles are all just as they created them. The only exception is if they used a font that I don't have installed on my system. Then a different font is used for that text style. Bricscad substitutes a font that I do have installed.