Q: Windows 2000 and IntelliCAD?

Are there any users running IntelliCAD with Windows 2000?Do you have any problem running with "user" rights?To BricsCAD: Are you guys testing IntelliCAD in Windows 2000 or XP?I would like to hear some from users.Thanks,Leon

Comments

• Runs fine on Win 2000 Pro networked into NT4.xx at work and fine in WinXP home edition at home. Work machine is 1.8 ghz Athalon, home machine is 1.6 ghzs pentium

• I know it works, if I login with "administrator" or "power users" rights, but it does not works if I login with only "users" rights.Is IntelliCAD Windows 2000 or XP certify?I don't think so.I also tested the other Intellicad 2000 "clone" and it does the same thing. I thinks this issue of "rights" of IntelliCAD still in the legacy format.I found out this problem when I switch from Windows NT4 to 2000. The "users" rights in NT is the equivalent of "power user" on 2000 or XP. If I let my users to have "power user" mode, then they can install or modify programs in windows and also let open Windows to the internet and make the system vulnerable to trojan horses programs or other security risks.--Leon

• I am using v3.003 with XP Home and NT 4.0 SP6 (standalone) and both work great.

• I use WinXP Pro, but as administrator..no problem

• I run windows XP Pro with no problems, I run as an administrator.

• I work as a NetWork administrator in Arq. Studio and I have my stauff running Intellicad on WIndows 2000 Pro as Power Users...not tested yet with normal users. I'll tell you If I try it...Pentium III 400 MHzAthlon 500 MHzAll them work right.GreetingsSorry about my English, I'm from Spain

• Thanks to all who provided feedback to this problem.I have noticed that most IntelliCAD users out there run them as a standalone workstation.I looks like I'm forced to register my users as "Power user" in order to use IntelliCAD.Also, I would like any comments from Bridscad test people. My question is "how are you guys testing IntelliCAD with?How many Windows platforms version are you testing with?And the most important question of them all is.....When are you guys going to deliver a STABLE version, crash proof version and with less bugs of IntelliCAD? Forget about the new stuff, I notice lots of good stuff already that is better than AutoCAD in 2D.

• I don't know how long you have been checking this forum, but I have from the beginning. The thing I have noticed in the last several months (since 3.003 has been out) is that the complaining about stability has dropped off almost totally. I think Bricscad and the forum have done a great job.

• I agree stability is better, for simple cad drawings in modelspace. Throw in attributes, paperspace, xrefs I don't agree anymore. Unfortunately all of those aids belong in a professional environment.

• Well... I'm with Tony on this one; I've been using IntelliCAD and Architecturals since the latter's first versions, and certainly the latest has proved the most stable so far (which let's face it it should be) along with carrying the most useful list of features. It's now a very usable, flexible, efficient piece of software (paperspace, XREFS etc included, in my experience) and the fact that there appear to be only a handful of users here in the UK amazes me.I've been using it with Windows XP. Wishlist? The godawful dynamic view and walkthrough facility must die, but then I use Art*Lantis for this, and the combined cost of all of this is still well below any competition.

• This is not a case of agreeing or disagreeing, really. Just my user experience. Remember there are varying levels of complexity as well. Xrefs are generally ok if nested only one level deep. Once your xref contains a subset of other xrefs the drawing will be prone to crashing (e.g. when reloading the xref).My problem with attributes and paperspace actually is a combination of the two. We use complex title block attriburtes in paperspace for our drawings. These drawings are almost impossible to resize (stretch) without crashing. We have to do this in Autocad LT.

This discussion has been closed.