Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ongoing problems with LISP that creates fields

I have had this ongoing problem with trying to use LISP routines that will call out the length of a polyline. Most recently, I've tried one by Lee Mac, and his programs are all well done, so I assume the problem is something at my end.

Specifically, I am trying his LengthAreaFieldV1-3.lsp utility, which prompts the user to select an object(s) and then a text (or other similar) entity which is changed to show the length of the objects you chose with a field. [ http://www.lee-mac.com/lengthfield.html ]

In my case, I tried it on a polyline, and then the text of a leader I had created with the word "length". [Edit... I see now that my choice of the text "length" was not a wise one, since the phrase ".length" is how such a field should normally end, since it calls out the length. If I had used "test", the word "test" would simply have been replaced. ]

The results are below. Note that it is this code that shows, not the actual length.

%%).Length

Similar utilities from other sources generate similar results. Any ideas what the problem might be?

-Joe

Comments