Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inverse isolated / hidden

In default AutoCAD i use this code. REW for Rewind or something
The purpose is to hide isolated and isolate the hidden.
This is very handy for 3d modelling.
Not quite working 100% for BricsCAD now
Where does this code go wrong?

INVERT ISO.png
327 x 95 - 9K
lsp
lsp
REW.lsp

Comments

• Nobody? I think the image is wrong. It show have said "INVERSE"..

• I am absolutely not into that vl stuff, but it seems that the visibility property corresponds to the dxf group-code 60 - which changes an object's visibility persistently between drawing sessions. This will only yield the desired result if OBJECTISOLATIONMODE is set to a respective value. If set to 0 (seems to be the default) isolating or hiding objects uses a different mechanism (I don't know which), therefore the script succeeds in hiding entities, but not in unhiding. I changed the code a bit to work around the problem, hope this makes sense to you...

lsp
    lsp
    REW_khad.lsp
  • edited May 24

You've possibly had no response because you've provided so little information. On the face of it the LISP should work and worked on a simple drawing I tried it on. If it's not working for you, then some additional detail on the investigations you've made for yourself would be helpful, along with any error messages and an example file that you know exhibits the issue.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

• Thanks for looking at it and you are right Jason. I was not giving much information to begin with
  • I came across a situation where the code fails in BricsCAD. The problem occurs if there is a CAMERA on the drawing. BricsCAD LISP won't return the object for these entities

e.g.

: (vlax-ename->vla-object (car (entsel "\nSelect a Camera: ")))
    Select a Camera: nil

So if there are CAMERAs on your drawing, then the LISP can fail.

Attach an update to the code that allows for this.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

lsp
    lsp
    REW-CCL.lsp