Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Filter BIM Profile

I have asked this in another post, however I am still unable to find out whether it is possible to filter and obtain a selection set based on the structural 'BIM PROFILE SIZE'.

I have also checked via lisp (entget (car (entsel))) to see if it part of the entity list but doesnt seem to be there.

thx

Comments

• I too would like to be able to do this. If I use BLADE's data inspector, I can get a list of all an entities dxf codes but I can't see the BIM data in there. Where is it stored?

2020-01-16 08_47_07-BLADE - BricsCAD LISP Advanced Development Environment.png
    1075 x 711 - 74K
  • Use the structural browser and in search field add $profile = xxxxx. This is a powerful tool BUT NEEDS ability to use wildcards for string filtering and logical operators

Say $Profile = HSS* would filter all beams with HSS sections.

I would love to know how to create groups and sets and hive them a name so we can also assign selection sets to them and use later
  • edited January 17

Cool. I created a new Rule, then I right click Group and select Profile from Extensions - BIM. I can now see (and select) all the profile sizes in the structural panel.

2020-01-17 09_10_09-BricsCAD Platinum - [Drawing1.dwg].png
    655 x 745 - 71K
  • That’s very cool - must try rules and groups out letter, thanks for sharing
  • Garry & tslewis,

thank you for sharing that information. That is very powerful and also very helpful (yet another impressive Bricscad feature).
    Much appreciated.
    Cheers

• Welcome yep if they can add filtering wildcards and logical even more so