Unable to load pointcloud formats in trial version BricsCAD V20

Timon
edited January 2020 in 2D Drafting

So I am trying to import ptx & pts files (point clouds) in BricsCAD V20. A notification pops up saying that the preprocessing of the cloud is done and asks me to use the command REGEN to render the cloud. But then, nothing happens. In the attachments menu I can see that the pointcloud is loaded in the "saved path"-tab. However, in the "Found path"-tab it says "(! Not Found).

I suppose that the problem has to do with the fact that the found path searched for a .bpt -file, which is not generated in the preprocessing? When I click on [...]-icon to change the saved path, the navigator searches for .vrm-file. This extention is the standard for BricsCAD V20 if I am not mistaken. However, there is only one .vrm-file that I can find, which is generated in my App-data --> point cloud cache files?

Does anybody has an idea or solution on this, the company I work for is considering to purchase V20, but we want to be sure we can manage point cloud files in an easy manner.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Timon

Comments

• If you type the command POINTCLOUDREFERENCE, is the same dataset there more than once? If yes, you encountered a bug that allowed the data to be processed multiple times (we added extra steps in attempts to avoid this) but prevents the data from being shown... With POINTCLOUDDELETE, could you delete multiple copies and tell if that solves the issue?

• Thank you for the quick response but no, this seems not to be the case. I really think it has to do with a wrong reference path related to the .vrm and .bpt files. Any further ideas on that?

• Crashbox
    edited January 2020

I have the exact same issue- I even updated to version 20.1.07 revision 73135 but to no avail. The perimeter shows, but that's it. I found multiple copies attached and attempted to POINTCLOUDDELETE the extras, but this also did not work.

• Timon
    edited May 2020

Just updating this topic. To some extent the problem has been solved in a rather unusual way. (using the V20 BricsCad BIM)

In the cache folder where the pointcloud is preprocessed, I have renamed the "data.vrm" file to "the name of the poincloud".bpt extention. When I then change the "saved path"-tab in the attachment tab of the pointcloud to "the name of the poincloud".bpt, it finds the point cloud. This only works for .pts pointclouds so far. However, those type of pointclouds are of no use to our company, since they don't have color properties. We really need .ptx and .rcp files. With .ptx files this "trick" doesn't work. With .rcp files Bricscad V20 crashes almost always.

Anybody else experiencing these same problems, any suggestions to further solutions?

Greetings Timon

• Topic Resolved