2d constraints in 3d space

Hi all,

I want to work with parametrised 2d sketches in 3d space. But it doesn't really work...
Is it possible to put 2d parameters on a 2d profile which is not in the x-y-level?
And can I parametrise a 2d profile and then move it in the 3d space?

Or how do you work with parametrised 2d sketches in 3d space?

Regards
Andreas

Comments

• @andreas_p said:
    Is it possible to put 2d parameters on a 2d profile which is not in the x-y-level?

Yes. But you first have to align the UCS with the profile's plane.

Note:
    Using 2D constrained sketches as the basis for 3D models does not work in BricsCAD. The 3D models will not be parametrically linked to the sketches.

• Ok thank you.
    On a vertical 3d surface of a solid it works.
    But it doesn't work with an aslant surface of a 3d solid. And also not with any 2d profiles.
    What could be the problem?

• From your description it is hard to understand what you mean. Please attach a DWG.

See attached DWG for an example.

• In this file on the left side there is an aslant rectangle and on the right side there is a solid with an aslant surface.
    And with both planes i can't align the UCS...

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited January 2020

Using the _Entity option of the _Ucs command you should able to align the UCS with the polyline.

The slanted face of the solid, although almost flat, is a spline face. So you cannot use the _Face option of the _Ucs command. But the default option of the _Ucs command: click 3 points to specify origin, X axis and Y axis, can of course be used.

You may also consider using the _DmSimplify command:

: DMSIMPLIFY
    Select entities to simplify or [Entire model/SEttings] <Entire model>:_SEttings
    Simplify [Geometry/Topology/Back] <Back>:_Geometry
    Enter geometric simplification tolerance or [ON/OFF/Topology/Auto] <Auto>:4
    Simplify [Geometry/Topology/Back] <Back>:
    Select entities to simplify or [Entire model/SEttings] <Entire model>:

• Thank you.
    On the surface of the solid it works when I use the DMSIMPLIFY command.
    But with the polyline it still doesn't work...

• You need to get better acquainted with the _Ucs command.
    After choosing the _Entity option make sure you select the polyline by clicking its outline.

• My mistake was to select the command "Align UCS to Face" instead of typing _ucs