WHY IS VIEW PORT ALWAYS REDONE WHEN UPDATE View

This seems pointless and not BIM at all.

if I set up the position, size and scale of the view port on my sheet, if i change the 3D model, when I go back to update view the vire port os totally reset, to a differnet position and scale?

This is useless, the poitn of BIM is being able to set up your drawing sheets and views and layouts and scales, anf then updare your 3D model as the deisng progresses.

If i have to contsantly go bakc, resize view port, scale, layers, and annotations, this is a waste of time and not BIM, what am I missign here?

Comments

• There is an setting/option to lock Viewports.
    Do they still move ?

Beside I don't think a Viewport should change
    because of updating only.

• @tslewis71

We are aware of this behavior and that it might be improved. How the scaling of a viewport should be done is through the properties of the section plane itself. So go to your section plane in your 3D model, go to the properties there and change the scale here. Then always this scale will be taken on drawing generation.

• The problems is, as a user I have manipulated the view port to how i like it in terms, of zoom, position line weights may be annotation. I would expect similar behavior to REVIT in that if i modify the 3D model I want the view port to be updated with out a new view port beig redone. This is not a BIM tool with this behavior.

I lovk the view port after ward and when i update the view everything is reset