Extruded surface bug

I don't know if this one has been mentioned before, but there seems to be a bug in the way extruded surfaces are created.From my experiments, it seems that the only way to make the command work right is to start with a circle as your closed shape; any other closed polyline extruded along a path will create a weird entity off to the side somewhere.I'm using version 2.2.0025. I can't remember if this bug was in earlier versions.

Comments

• I don't know if this one has been mentioned>before, but there seems to be a bug in the way>extruded surfaces are created.>>From my experiments, it seems that the only way>to make the command work right is to start with a>circle as your closed shape; any other closed>polyline extruded along a path will create a>weird entity off to the side somewhere.>>I'm using version 2.2.0025. I can't remember if>this bug was in earlier versions.I thought I was going nuts, I have been trying to revsurf an object and all I got was a strange object that had nothing to do with the object in mind. After reading your comments I tried to extrude an object. I got the same results, a strange object off to the side. I am also running ver 2.2.0025.......... I have Intellicad 98 and both of the commands work very well. I dont know why I ever bothered to "Upgtrade" Ha! It has to be a bug, I think I will just stick Icad 98...

This discussion has been closed.