freezing layers in ALL viewports in a drawing

how can i select a layer in a viewport and freeze it in all viewporets in a drawing?
i have looked at vplayer, and a few other suggested commands, but all only freese in the current viewport.

this is possible in autocad in the layer menu by right clicking on the layer, going to freeze > all viewports.

with 75 sheets in a dwg file and about 80 odd viewports, this will be a very long slow task to complete every time a new layer is added to an xref and reloaded
i have been googling for a lisp routine ot layer tool but have not been able to find a solution.

daz

Comments

• : VPLAYER
    [List frozen layers/Color/LineType/LineWeight/TRansparency/Freeze layers/Thaw layers/Reset layers/New frozen layers/Default visibility setting]:f
    Select the layer(s) to freeze: MyLayer
    Specify viewport(s) [All/Select/Current/eXcept current] <Current>:all
    [List frozen layers/Color/LineType/LineWeight/TRansparency/Freeze layers/Thaw layers/Reset layers/New frozen layers/Default visibility setting]:
    : 

• The attached LISP allows you to select the entity on the layer that you want to freeze in all viewports or in all viewports except the current. Uses VPLAYER

In AutoCAD there is an option to access these options from the Layers panel by right clicking on the layer name. Unfortunately BricsCAD doesn't currently do this.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

• thank you SO MUCH.

exactly what i was after.

daz :)