Loss of Reference Paths for Tool Palette blocks, plot styles, sheet set .dst, xrefs

For the last several versions of BCAD, the program on my system (Mac OS 10.15) has been losing the reference paths to files referenced in my sheet set .dst files, tool palette referenced block drawing files, .ctb plot styles, and in some cases, xrefs.

For example, I've found that when I attempt to insert a block from a drawing file that is referenced in one of my tool palettes, I get this command line message:

_EXECUTETOOL
Can’t open file: “/Users/Jeff/Documents/CAD/DETAILS AND BLOCKS/Drafting Symbols/Annotation - Imperial.dwg”.

The path shown in the error message is correct. If I open that referenced drawing (in this example, annotation-imperial.dwg), save and close, then try to insert a block from the palette again, the block insertion works. This happens with any drawing/block referenced in my tool palettes. A block insertion using " _insert" does not exhibit this behavior. So, I've found I have to first open and close all of the drawings that have tool palette referenced blocks before I can insert the blocks using the tool palettes.

If I open a sheet set file, then try to use the Sheet Set Manager window to open a listed drawing, I get an error message showing the correct path but saying the file was not found. I can manually open that drawing, but once I do the sheet set information disappears from the SSM window. When I re-open the .dst, the drawing file references are lost again.

I also experience numerous random crashes that I haven't been able to find a reason for. Frequently after a crash, I find my Plot Style files are listed as missing when I initiate a plot command, even though previously there was no problem with the path. Once I go into Settings/Program Options/Files/Printer Support and re-select my target folder (it was already there but I had to navigate to it and select it again), Bcad then found my plot style upon a plot command.

I often have to re-path xrefs also, despite the correct path showing in properties and there being a path shown where the xref should be.

A small side issue, after every crash, the xref fade control resets to 70 from my preferred 0.

So, it seems like there is a significant path issue. I've filed several support requests about this, but no help there yet, and this has become a real productivity issue for me. Anyone had similar issues?