WBLOCK problem

Re-submit with name and e-mail, can't get rid of "Guest" ? :-) Name: Vaclav Kvasnicka, kvasnicka@pontex.czI think there's a problem with WBLOCK command. I use it frequently to copy parts of a drawing to some other drawing. It works fine as long as the active UCS is World - subsequent INSERT of the written DWG file into another drawing works as expected. But when I do WBLOCK while some local UCS is active, the written block can't be correctly inserted - well, it can be inserted, but will appear at completely wrong position - often far beyond the active drawing extents. It seems there's some error with INSBASE values for the written block? These commands should work consistently regardless of the active UCS (they do in AutoCAD R12, 13, 14, 2000i, 2002). Can this inconsistency be corrected in the nearest release? You can find an example of this problem at http://www.volny.cz/v.kvasnicka/ICAD/Also, under ACAD 2000+, there's a very handy tool "Copy with insertion point" which is much easier to use than the Wblock/Insert/Explode command sequence. Is it likely to be found in ICAD some time?Best RegardsVaclav

Comments

• Actually, I think Icad is superior to Autocad when it comes to copying entities between drawings. You can start a copy (or move) command in one open drawing, switch to another open drawing (using Ctrl+TAB), then continue the command. This is the way MDI should work, not like in Acad.You will lose the name+email if you preview the post before posting it.

This discussion has been closed.