This sheetset file is not writable - changes will not be saved!

Timon
edited June 2020 in BricsCAD BIM

So I am recently having this issue when creating a BIM project.

I want to create plans and sections in a BIM project, but when I create the project I get this warning: "This sheetset file is not writable - changes will not be saved!".
Nevertheless, the project.dst file is written and I go further by using the sheetset setup. There I create all the plans, but when finished I can't open them properly.
I get a warning that the dwg.file is already opened and have to open it in read-me mode. When opened I only have a blank sheet with no information of a section/groundplan.

Anyone encountered this issue before?

I tried to work from local maps instead of server destinations, still doesn't work. In addition I re-installed bricscad V20, latest update, same problem.

Greetings,

Timon

Comments

• Your particular error is not one I've encountered, although I've had plenty of banging my head against the wall trying to get Projects and Sheetsets to work properly. For example, (SR104177) https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/35975, which remains unsolved.

Have you tried inspecting the .projectroot file in a text editor? Did that file get copied along when you relocated the model files to local folders? I have run into trouble trying to create a new BIM project in a directory where a previous project was already defined. I'm not sure if multiple BIM projects can share the same dwg files?? Deleting .projectroot if not associated with another project, or moving the current model files to a fresh location and making sure not to bring .projectroot with them, and then re-doing "Create Project..." might let you proceed.