Path Filename in BricsCAD Header is concatenated to only show first 55 characters + Filename +ext

Is there a sysvar or setting of some type that enables the COMPLETE Path/Filename in BricsCAD header in an open dwg?
Currently it concatenates only the first 55 characters + ... +Filename +extension.
We often need in excess of 100 characters to show the complete network server path/filename.
Help anyone?

Comments

• You could try setting MODEMACRO to display the path & file name instead. To do this type MODEMACRO in at the command line and when prompted enter the following.
    $(getvar,dwgprefix)$(getvar,dwgname)

This will display the full path & filename down on the bottom left of the status bar. The MODEMACRO setting is only retained for the current session, so you would need to set each time you start BricsCAD. You can use some LISP for this. Attach an example.

I would be careful using long path & file names. You can run into problems depending on your OS & filesystem.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

• Jason,
    Thanks, that will work.
    The issue was, anything beyond the 7th path/folder become “…” followed by the filename/extension; our total character count may be in excess of 100. I could see which dwg I had open, but not WHERE it lived; MODEMACRO to the rescue. I often have 6 or more dwgs open @ any 1 time.
    The lisp worked nicely on the 1st dwg opened, but not so well on the next, until I noticed I had to move the cursor off the dwg tab name for the MODEMACRO data to be displayed accurately. It was a tad disconcerting for a few minutes until I figured out the problem (having the same path/filename for each dwg was not helpful @ all, as you could imagine).
    Thanks again,
    Mike
    PS: If any BricsCAD programing folks are following this thread, how about using the same
    "$(getvar,dwgprefix)$(getvar,dwgname)") (prin1) )
    data in the drawing name header @ the top of each dwg so the entire path/filename is shown instead of only a partially concatenated version of the CADfile which is what BricsCAD currently does?
    More is better in path/filenames.