TIN Edges between faces

Matthias
edited September 2020 in 3D Modeling

Hello,

Does anyone know how to make the TIN edges between the faces a bit smoother or give them a radius to smooth them out?
I tried the Smooth command but can't get the result as I want.
Any ideas?

Greetings,
Matthias

PS: sry for posting the same question more times...got an error trying to upload the question due to a server problem

Comments

• TIN objects are basically meshes, you cannot apply solid-modeling commands (Fillet) to their edges, and you cannot control their shading (smooth/flat).
    The only option I see when you need to alter their appearance is to create an independent mesh via TINEXTRACT, export this to a mesh-modeling application (e.g. blender), do some modifications and re-import into BricsCAD. Sadly, normal information (smooth shading) is lost on import, and I know of no way to turn a mesh into a TIN again.

• ALANH
    edited September 2020

TIN Triangular Irregular Network

Trying to do fillets is feasible but it is not a curve but rather a series of facets and extra triangles calculated. This is in some Civil software as a TIN edit option for curves. Curved breaklines

• I did not mean to suggest that filleting mesh/TIN edges was impossible, just that BricsCAD does not offer such functionality.

• So basically there is no simple way of "smoothing" out the TIN?

• You could export the mesh into a 3D Mesh Modeler App, like Blender,
    to subdivide and smooth the Mesh and finally re-import into Bricscad,
    to create a new TIN/DTM from it.