Cursor and crosshair turn black

Cursor and crosshair turn black and I have to zoom around to try to get color back. Any fix for this?

Comments

• The nominal colors of the crosshairs are controlled by the variables ColorX, ColorY, and ColorZ. But the crosshairs and the pickbox try to adjust their color to contrast with whatever's behind them. Sometimes they don't do so well at that, especially with certain bitmap images.

• Is there a color that doesn't try to adjust? I have it set to green ColorX and ColorY. Is there a way to disable the adjusting? Seems more complex the way they have it.

• I've never found a way to disable the automatic adjustment. But it works differently with different ColorX and ColorY values, so maybe you could experiment. Right now, I'm using 254 for both, not because I like that color for crosshairs but because in the work I'm doing now the auto-adjust behavior seems to work better with that specified color than with the other colors I've tried recently.

• Ok going to try 254.

• I discovered if I turn 'off' the layer that has images(or remove the images from the drawing) in paperspace the problem goes away. One step closer. Looking at if image creation/type has a bearing on this issue. Just glad to have my colored cross hairs back.
  • Looks like doesn't really matter if the image (tif or png) is in model or paper space. Once the layer that image is on is turned off and the drawing reloaded the black(disappearing crosshair) issue is gone.