RVT to RFA

Bricscad only imports rfa files (revit family)
Unfottunaly the fact is that rvt is used more often on manufacturers sites where rfa aren't available.

So, is there any tool or workaround to convert rvt to rfa?

Comments

• Ok I found it in new bricscad 21 trial!
    Sorry, bricscad is evolving fast!
    OMG rvt import by default!
    Really impressed!

• Unfortunatly the import only comes with geometry. The bim info is lost.
    In any case it's an achievement.,

• I have done some importing RVT as well.
    Not everything comes in 100% yet but it is a great start.
    Maybe garther some experiences and tips here.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/revitrvt-import-versus-export-hans-lammerts/

• I have running a few SRs.

• no INSUNITS scaling
    • no BIM Tags/Data
    • no Materials
  • Dear all,

I tried importing an rfa-file in the hope of achieving a parametrized component available to Bricscad. I tried BIMINSERT, BMINSERT, IMPORT obtaining a non-parametrized solid. Have I missed a way of importing let's say valves and other hydraulic, pneumatic objects? It would be very helpful to be able to do that.

I am thankful for hints.

Kind regards

Sebastian

• Hi pedroloureiro,

Thanks for your post and happy to hear that you found the new rvt import function exciting and useful albeit not perfect yet (we are working on it so thanks for your patience). I would also assume that your original question:

@pedroloureiro said:
    So, is there any tool or workaround to convert rvt to rfa?

came from the need to bring in Revit geometry into BricsCAD? In that case, I will close this thread since we can all agree that you can do via V21.

• Kin
    Kin
    edited December 2020

Hi schoeller19,

Thanks for your post. I am not sure if I grasped your question correctly - did you encounter an issue with rfa geometry not imported correctly into BricsCAD?

Kind regards
    Kin

• Hi Kin,

thanks for your answer. I was expecting to achieve a parametric block/component while importing a revit familiy. I have found a way to create my own parametric components by now using manufacturers step files.

Kind regards

Sebastian