Xclip changes ltscale of lines on clipped xref in V21

Fossa
edited November 2020 in 2D Drafting

When clipping an xref the lines that intersect the clip boundary do not honor the current ltscale. Is this a known bug?

Comments

• Is no one else seeing this problem? Does no one xref anymore?

• I've seen this issue raised elsewhere. However, for BricsCAD issues you're best to raise a support request with Bricsys. The forum is intended for peer to peer support.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V21 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

• I did raise a support request and it is a confirmed bug with V21, so it is being fixed.

I just found it odd that no one else seems to have run into this. This has stopped any future purchases and our migration to V21 until fixed. It's made V21 unusable for us.

• Maybe using Xclip is not as common as you think. Also this is not the most vibrant CAD forum out there.

• I'm starting to think we're one of the last outfits that still does a lot of 2d drafting. :)

• Fossa,

We may well be tied for the last existing CAD hands doing 2D. I do electrical dwgs for an electrical utility, exclusively 2D as you might expect. Get to delve into a little 3D once in a great while when designing something that needs to be fab’d because of my welding fabrication background (Oilfield weldor for yrs.).

Back to XREFS.

Are you dealing w/ a lot of OLD dwgs w/ scanned images? That is the issue I have run across everywhere I have done CAD since 1994. How many scanned images are there out there that need to be in CAD, but who can afford to stop & convert them all over? Not many places want to take on that burden, both time wise & $ wise. So we slowly redraw as we feel the need in an extensive Redline. But there are still billions of TIF, JIF, CAL, GP4 etc. XREF files w/ the inherent XREF problem of a leach hanging off a DWG.

Attended many ACAD AUs & tried to get them to embed the XREFs into the dwg file, but they never saw the need to do so.

Just ask the manufacturing plants, refineries, chemical plants, etc. how many XREFs they have, or worse yet, how many scanned images they have that are stand-a-lone?! It is staggering to think about, but ACAD was unwilling to address this extensive need of the CAD industry. MicroStation has embedded scanned images for yrs., but who can afford that? We have problems w/ BCAD that show up once in awhile w/ some of our Hybrid dwgs (dwg w/ XREF scanned image) where the XREF doesn’t print. Somehow the dwg gets corrupted & we have to go through the steps to recreate the CADfile w/ the time tested W/BLOCK out method we all have done & love so well when we have a corrupted dwg. Great use of our time; not.

Roy,
    What vibrant CAD forum/s do you suggest?
    Mike

• We have problems w/ BCAD that show up once in awhile w/ some of our Hybrid dwgs (dwg w/ XREF scanned image) where the XREF doesn’t print. Somehow the dwg gets corrupted & we have to go through the steps to recreate the CADfile w/ the time tested W/BLOCK out method we all have done & love so well when we have a corrupted dwg. Great use of our time; not.

Yikes, how often does that happen?

• Has been a while, but as you can imagine, the result is that it causes one to speak in tongues, if you know what I mean.

• I opened a dwg with multiple Xref's, drew a polyline with a unique linetype that straddles the border of the view, clipped the xref's. I didn't notice anything that changed, so I added elevations to the polyline thinking that might alter how the clipping reacts. So I clipped the Xref's again. No change.
    I thought maybe I might have missed a slight difference in the gap distance in the linework, so I drew basically the same polyline with the same linetype on top of the original polyline and there isn't any difference. (See attached image).
    I would be curious to see your specific drawing if you wouldn't mind sharing it.

-Craig

• This is the file I supplied to Bricsys Support. The attached drawing is using clipped blocks to illustrate the problem but the same holds true for xrefs.

Is your version of BC V21? The problem isn't in V20.

• craigswearingen
    edited November 2020

Fossa: Yes, I have V21. I will take a look at it., and let you know.

@Fossa said:
    This is the file I supplied to Bricsys Support. The attached drawing is using clipped blocks to illustrate the problem but the same holds true for xrefs.

• @Fossa said:
    This is the file I supplied to Bricsys Support. The attached drawing is using clipped blocks to illustrate the problem but the same holds true for xrefs.

I see exactly what you are referring to.
    WIthin the dwg you provided, I was having the same exact issue.
    Not that it is preferable, but I copied your block, pasted it into a new V21dwg, clipped it, and didn't experience the issue. (See Attachment)
    Again, I know it isn't an ideal fix. Obviously, there is something not translating properly between V20 and V21.

Please keep me updated on any communications you receive from the BricsCAD support.
    -Craig

• Fossa
    edited November 2020

Change your LTscale to something other than 1 and I think you'll see the same problem. At 1 in model space everthing does display correctly. At other scales the problem multiplies. It's something to do with some factor of the ltscale. I'm able to recreate it even in a fresh v21 template.

• @Fossa said:
    Change your LTscale to something other than 1 and I think you'll see the same problem. At 1 in model space everthing does display correctly. At other scales the problem multiplies. It's something to do with some factor of the ltscale. I'm able to recreate it even in a fresh v21 template.

Interesting because I used the 1/4 like you previously had in your other dwg.