Strange Behaviour in Annotative Dimensions

So I installed v21.1.05 a few days ago and have noticed that my annotative dimensions are doing something strange. Although setting them to be annotative when I try to draw one at a scale the various size parameters are multiplied so that the dim appears as if it has been drawn at 1:1 scale regardless of the actual scale. For instance if I try to draw a dim at 1:0.125 (Metres 1:125) the paper text height becomes 28 (not 3.5) and therefore appears as 3.5 in model space. I am wondering that may be there is a system variable I have accidently changed and nothing to do with the recent install.

Comments

• Could you post the dwg so we can take a look at it?
    -Craig

@Ben Jedrej said:
    So I installed v21.1.05 a few days ago and have noticed that my annotative dimensions are doing something strange. Although setting them to be annotative when I try to draw one at a scale the various size parameters are multiplied so that the dim appears as if it has been drawn at 1:1 scale regardless of the actual scale. For instance if I try to draw a dim at 1:0.125 (Metres 1:125) the paper text height becomes 28 (not 3.5) and therefore appears as 3.5 in model space. I am wondering that may be there is a system variable I have accidently changed and nothing to do with the recent install.

• Hi Craig,

Drawing attached.

• Thanks for posting the drawing Ben.
    I just took a look at the dimension styles, scales, text size, annotation scale, etc., and didn't find anything that seemed to be an issue.
    The only difference was that the "correct" example of dimensions were rotated dimensions and the other labeled dimensions were aligned.
    But I wouldn't see that as an issue.

I was able to select the incorrect dimension, and within the properties, change the dimstyle to an alternate, and then immediately change it back. The dimension switched to the correct arrow and font size. By no means, is this a final solution.
    I'd like to see if this works for you. As well, I will keep looking for a better solution.

• I filed an SR on September 26 (SR 114842) for this problem. The SR was closed three days after, with 'bug logged' status, and I was expecting this nasty regression to get fixed with priority...

• @Knut Hohenberg said:
    I filed an SR on September 26 (SR 114842) for this problem. The SR was closed three days after, with 'bug logged' status, and I was expecting this nasty regression to get fixed with priority...

Sorry, the expected outcome hasn't been more timely.
    Glad you filed an SR. And thanks for providing the SR#.

• I just posted a similar problem on 17 nov 2021. Except the annotative scale affects the size of arrowheads and divides the size by the annotative scale i.e. arrow should be 3 and ends up being 0.3. Can't believe this bug has gone on so long without a fix

• It also affects text distance from dimension line, extension line distances, etc.