Dimension Override Help!

Cdp
Cdp
edited November 2020 in 2D Drafting

Hi

I have a major problem with BricsCAD Ultimate v21.

I updated my template recently, not making ANY changes to the dimension styles, but since then all my dimensions are being overridden and all my dimension style proportions, fonts and arrows are wrong.

When I do the DIMOVERRIDE command my dimensions are restored to the correct annotative settings as set up in DIMSTYLES.

For the most part the font and arrow sizes seem very random (they aren't multiples or fractions of whole numbers) on the overridden dimensions.

How do I tell BricsCAD not to override any of my dimensions by default and to strictly adhere to my dimension styles? This is affecting our entire drawing office and is an absolute pain.

Attached is a screenshot showing the correct dimension proportions after having used DIMOVERRIDE and clearing the overrides as well as the incorrect dimensions with the overrides applied. As seen on the Settings on the left the overridden dimension has very strange values.

I have tried the older template where the dimension styles were last working but in this template they are also broken now, so I believe it is a bug in the software and not in the template.

It seems my dimension gets inserted as if the annotative scale is 1:1 regardless of the active scale.

I have now officially exhausted all possible fixes. When I change the dimension style to another style and then go back to the original style (which is scaled/overridden by default) it shows up correctly. It is only when the dimension is initially placed that it's scaling is completely broken and overridden. I cant seem to find a solution for this. Has anyone encountered a similar bug?

Please help!

Kind Regards
Carl

help.PNG 237.5K

Comments

• I have now officially exhausted all possible fixes. When I change the dimension style to another style and then go back to the original style (which is scaled/overridden by default) it shows up correctly. It is only when the dimension is initially placed that it's scaling is completely broken and overridden. I cant seem to find a solution for this. Has anyone encountered a similar bug?

• Quantum_r
    edited February 2022
    YES! Something very similar, which I thought was only because I "imported" a .dwg file that had been created in a different 2D CAD program (also a high quality AutoCAD emulator). I tried everything to repair the issue and had one random success that I was unable to duplicate. I tried the same actions as described by Cdp, above. Any new dimensions I create keep having the same wrong parameter (in this particular case the Text Dim Offset is scaled wrongly.

If it makes any difference I am running on Linux - Ubuntu.