Can't use Esnap on 'encapsulated' entities?

Hi All,

Maybe just a setting I don't know about, and not that easy to explain, but, as an example:
I draw a rectangle, extrude it so it's a box, and inside that I draw another box. I'm in 2d wireframe view.
I want to draw a line starting from one of the endpoints of the 'inner' box. So I type L (for line), shift-rightclick (for Esnap options) and select snap to endpoint.
I then hover over the endpoint I need, but no snap. If I hover over any of the endpoints of the 'outer box' it does snap, and If I move the inner box a little outside the outer one on one end, I can snap to the 'visible' endpoints as well, but not to the 'hidden' ones.
Anyone recognizes this? What can I do to be able to snap to 'unvisible' entities?

Thanks,

Erwin.

Comments

• Erwin,

Try pressing Tab and you should be good to go; because one box is inside the other you need to cycle through the big rectangle to get to the smaller one, just like you do in 2d when you want to select an entity underneath another.

Hope that works for you.

• @David Waight said:
    Erwin,

Try pressing Tab and you should be good to go; because one box is inside the other you need to cycle through the big rectangle to get to the smaller one, just like you do in 2d when you want to select an entity underneath another.

Hope that works for you.

Yep that works, I was completely unaware of that. Never noticed this in 2D a.f.a.i.k. or maybe just worked around it in another view. Coming from an old Acad version, and maybe it's just settings here and there but come accross some surprises every now and then.
    Thanks!

Erwin.