Sheetset Creating New Revisions

Hi, Does anyone know how to create new revisions of files using the sheetset manager ?
I have a job with around 60 drawings. Each drawing has to be a separate dwg file (this is a client requirement). They all have to be updated and revised. We keep the old dwg files, so we have to make new dwg files for each revision. This is a very repetitive task, especially because I have to "save as" each file and then re-link each sheet in the manager to the newly revised file and re-label each sheet in the manager.
Does anyone know how to use the sheetset manager to do all this simply and quikly ?
Or are there any 3rd party plugins that would work ?
I recently tried a JTP product but that didn't seem to do the job.
Thanks for any help, advice, and discussion.

Comments

• I would love to find a solution to this problem, too.

@DFLY said:
    ...we have to make new dwg files for each revision. This is a very repetitive task, especially because I have to "save as" each file and then re-link each sheet in the manager to the newly revised file and re-label each sheet in the manager.

You didn't mention attribute fields, but they've been a double-edged sword for me in relation to sheetsets. We finally brought title blocks into this century by incorporating sheetset-driven fields. The countless headaches suffered getting all that set up began to feel worth it for the time saved not having to repeatedly edit so many block attributes. But now the sheetset holds the drawing set hostage.

It would be nice if an attribute field could just remember the last value it had, maybe with a non-printing indicator to notify, if ever the reference it points to can no longer be found. Instead of ####.

I know there are tools to convert attribute fields to dumb text, which could be done by script before "saving as" with new filenames to archive a drawing set. However, eliminating fields seems to me about as daft as exploding blocks, and there are plenty of good reasons other than archiving to want to change a drawing name for use in the same or different projects.

As an integral part of the BricsCAD BIM workflow, too, the sheetset manager generally feels ripe for an upgrade.