Screen turns grey after zooming or pan/ 3D pan

Hi, I am working om Mac with V20 BIM. Now I have made a model where the screen turns grey after I zoom, pan or 3D pan. The whole screen turns grey- as thee was a big solid. Zoom- all doesn't help. Today it happens also during the measuring the distance. Only thing helps is to switch to layout and then go back to the model space. I have tried my both Macs (iMac, MacBookPro). On both devices it happens during the same operations. Do you know where the problem is?

Comments

• CBE
    CBE
    edited February 2021

I believe this is a known problem with V20/21 on Macs that still hasn't been resolved. I reported it to Bricsys last year and they released an update which improved the problem in model space (if you haven't updated to 20.2.11 yet). I can't reproduce your error in model space, but I can in paper space (which I find is common for my own work as well). For clarity, I'm running V20 Pro, not BIM.

The workaround that I use to prevent it happening in paper space is to leave model space in SHADEMODE = 2dwireframe. I don't know why this works, but it consistently prevents the grey screen behaviour on my machine (MacBook Pro with dedicated graphics).

• Yes, had this too.
    Disappearing Geometry.

But I think that was ok in latest Updates.

• I have experienced this same problem using BricsCAD v21.1.06 BIM on Mac Big Sur. The geometry remained intact, but I just couldn't see it when the grey screen initially occurred each time it happened. As I recall, I think I went back and forth from paper space to model space to resolve it, but I'm not sure if that works every time.

• I think I went from BIM to 2D Wireframe mode and back.
    That should switch/restart OpenGL OFF/ON.
    (Works in Vectorworks too)

the grey screen initially occurred each time it happened.

Thank god it is only a gray screen.

On my M1 Apple Silicon Mac Mini,
    I get a PINK screen each time I switch between Render Quality in Twinmotion ....
    (And the Mini reboots)