BLADE - "Stepping into" code

I am just getting into BLADE and have a quick query.
In vlisp when stepping through code, it would go in and come back out of the code when you use 'step into'

Example:
(setq clay (vla-get-name (vla-get-activelayer gActiveDoc)))

"Each step returns a value, going in and coming out"
"I prefer this because it really slows things down, and I can preview what is being returned at each step"

In Blade, once you get to the deepest step, it pass over the out portion and goes to the next lines of code.

;; on to the remaining code.

Is there a way for BLADE to step in and out like vlisp? Or do I need to adjust my perspective on how this runs?

Comments

• Torsten Moses
    edited February 2021

Hello,

maybe some clarification for BLADE :
    "step into" : does a real step-into when in front of a user-defined function; naturally, a step-into for (setq ...) does not go into "setq", but into the next accessible code;
    "single step" processes the actual statement as "1 single instruction", regardless how many nested statements are in

so using "step-into" will always try to go into the code (as long as logically possible, and as long as the user-defined defun-code is available);

maybe a tip :
    if you check the "AutoBreak" option, then BLADE will additionally also stop when leaving a statement ... likely this is as you know from VLIDE ?
    the visualisation also shows (with light + full blue selection), whether you are "in front of a statement" or just "after the statement" (which easier allows to watch "last-value" (which is also shown on the Debug toolbar).

hope this explains a bit ?
    many greetings !

• goodonline
    edited February 2021

It does. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you so much Torsten.