2D Entity Snap mode is Deselecting themselves

We have 4 seats of BricsCAD and this happens to one of us at least once every couple of weeks, for no reason they deselect. If I have Endpoint, Midpoint and center selected, then go to draw a line the endpoint is unselected.
Has anyone else come across this? Is there a solution to stop it from happening?
Thanks.

Comments

• Note that there are three identical threads. The forum is sometimes sluggish, and hitting the post button more than once seems to create duplicates. Anyway, the normal answer to the question is that a custom program is probably doing the changes. And perhaps it normally resets it after it does its job, but sometimes does not reset it as it might normally do. Perhaps because the routine is interrupted for some reason.

Personally, I have the Near snap sometimes getting activated. And I don't have a clue what may be doing it.

-Joe

• My vague understanding so far is like this :

When no command is active, changing snap settings will set an overall default,
    when a command is active, snap setting changes are either temporary for this command
    (or the new default for that command ???)

• WCArch24:

I agree with Joe. The pattern suggests that a custom command temporarily altered the osnap setting, and then was cancelled or otherwise terminated before it had a chance to restore the previous setting. It's also possible that the custom command simply doesn't provide osnap setting restoration.

Do you use any custom commands? If so, try to note whether any have been used shortly before the unexpected change in osnap setting. If you identify a custom command that seems to be causing the problem, post the lisp code here and someone will correct it for you.

• Bringning up an old answer to this

"Staying off topic here...
    Regarding your 'losing the esnap' problem:
    I do not consider this a regression, but an improvement...
    But if you prefer the 'old' behaviour all you have to do is customize the menu (or create your own partial cui) and change the commands for the esnap buttons from _nearest to '_nearest (with an apostrophe) etc."

• Like Joe and Anthony wrote:
    if you are using custom commands\LSP they maybe have a code that tamper with the osnap settings.
    I use, for example, a LSP to draw a cross section of 3d polyline.
    this LSP reset the osnap mode selection to "0" (reset the osnap settings).
    I've entered at the beginning of that LSP a line of code that saves the osnap settings to a veraible called osm:

(setq osm (getvar 'osmode))

and at the end of the LSP I've entered a line that re-set the OSNAP settings:
    (setvar "osmode" osm)

maybe this is your issue.

• Thanks for the comments, I only have a Text mask lisp and text box width lisp running, nothing that i can see would change the osnap settings. The other person this happens to does not have the same lisp files so there does not seem to be common command that is causing the issue.
    I will take a look at the lisp file and see if there are any lines that reference the osnap

PS yea sorry about the multiple posts but there is no way that i can see to remove them. The form kept saying the post did not work so i kept trying to post.

• @WCArch24 said:

PS yea sorry about the multiple posts but there is no way that i can see to remove them. The form kept saying the post did not work so i kept trying to post.

I suffered from this behaviour as well. Kept saying post did not work. AND, I also suffer from the osnap deselection as well as objects quit show being selected although they are. Thought the two issues might be related.