bricscad 21.2.02 version x11 freeze when settings are opened

System:

when I open bricscad settings window my system is freezing and everytime ! i connect via ssh on my machine in order to reboot my PC. is this a GUI Bug? show me which commands to apply in order to upload logs etc.

Comments

• You could run BricsCAD inside gdb, to save some typing it is advisable to put an alias for this into .bashrc (or whatever you are using), e.g.

alias dbg_bc='(export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/bricsys/bricscad/v21;gdb /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v21/bricscad)'

In gdb, you have to type 'run' to actually start the program, and you can type CTRL-C at any time to interrupt it (type 'c' to continue), and inspect its state by typing 'bt' (backtrace) - which you would also do in case of a crash.
    If you include the backtrace in your support requests, analyzing the problem will be much easier.

The downside is that this will need additional memory, and that some direct modeling commands throw so many errors that it becomes impossible to do serious work inside gdb (this wasn't always the case, and I don't know if it is a general problem or depending on my configuration).

If you encounter X-freezes, you should also have a look at the log, e.g. 'tail /var/log/Xorg.0.log', and maybe include relevant lines in your SR. I suspect that the problem might be related to the video driver - on my debian box with nouveau driver, the settings dialog does not trigger a freeze.

• [linux@linux ~]$ tail /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    [127585.492] (II) UnloadModule: "libinput"
    [127585.492] (II) systemd-logind: releasing fd for 13:66
    [127585.532] (II) UnloadModule: "libinput"
    [127585.532] (II) systemd-logind: releasing fd for 13:64
    [127585.582] (II) UnloadModule: "libinput"
    [127585.583] (II) systemd-logind: releasing fd for 13:65
    [127585.736] (II) NVIDIA(GPU-0): Deleting GPU-0
    [127585.736] (WW) xf86CloseConsole: KDSETMODE failed: Input/output error
    [127585.736] (WW) xf86CloseConsole: VT_GETMODE failed: Input/output error
    [127585.739] (II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.