Mechanical component library - missing BC_subtract layer

I was watching the BIM Academy 8 - Structural Modeling course
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_F8XcGWjk

When the instructor was inserting bolts (in the course 1h 02m) automatically holes were made in the column ; However this doesnt happen when I try to replicate this.
When investigating the bolt file used in the course there is no BC_Subtract layer

Is the Bricscad BIM details / mechanical component library different from other versions ? Do i have to make manually holes in the source files ?
Or am i missing something ?

Comments

• Hi Harr,

When I was doing this video, in the first part, no holes were created automatically by the bolts in the Mechanical Library as Holes and Bolts are separate categories that you can assemble yourself.

However later in the video, around 55:45, I replaced the component with the component in the starter files. And normally in that file, BoltedPlate.dwg, there should be holes (on the BC_Subtract Layer), at least I checked from the link in the Youtube video, and the detail in the Starter files > Structural Modeling > BoltedPlate.dwg should have the holes. I attach it here once more to be sure you have the correct file.

Hope this helps,
    Fleur

• Hi Fleur, thank you for your efforts !

Aha - so i mis-interpreted that the holes (geometry in BC_subtract layer) can be found in the original bolt dwg file (in the standard out of the box library).

Instead the holes are made interactively when creating a component (not a detail) ?!

• Create column and beam
    • Create plate
    • insert ISO hex bolts from library
    • BIM classify plates and bolts
    • UCS to local face HEA column
    • Select every part of future component
    • Command "BMFORM"
    • Assign insertionpoint
    • Assign name

I did follow the steps like your course again and still could not find holes nor find a BC_subtract layer in the component file.

To be sure on this; I use the bricscad V21 BIM package with the default out of the box BIM mm template. Perhaps the bm_subtract layer is not available in this version ?