Editing BimSpaces

Two questions about BimSpaces:

1. Is there a faster way to edit BimSpace properties? None of the text or attribute editing commands seem to work, so the only way I know to enter or change room names, numbers, etc. is through the Properties panel, one at a time. Extending the concept from parameters and constraints, an editable table of BimSpaces would be a tremendous time saver. Especially if the space gets selected or highlighted in the model when its row in the table is active. Such an interactive table could apply to other entities, too, BIM or otherwise.
  2. How is _BimSpace Edit mode meant to work? After removing and adding bounding elements, and then running BimUpdateSpace, I don't get any effect. The space reverts to the same boundaries as before editing. To make changes stick, I have to separately set the Space Bounding property to "Off" for bounding elements I want to remove, and then run BimUpdateSection.

Comments

• Hi Scot,
    1. some ways to edit space properties:
    * normally you can use the number command on spaces but I noticed it is broken, I created a task for it.
    * Other properties need indeed to be set on the properties panel. But you can also customize the quad to show the wanted properties. If set you can change the properties from the quad, see screenrecording.
    * A third way would be to use scripts, there are some scripts shipped with the installer, you can access them with the project browser and use them as base to create your own scripts. Although editing scripts does ask some scripting experience it allows you to set up properties based on custom rules.
    2. Spaces are kept up to date as much as possible, If they do get 'out of date' they show an exclamation mark and if the property 'update method' is set to 'automatic' you can use the BIMUPDATESPACE command