Allowing BRX on BricsCAD Lite

Cnut
edited May 2021 in Linux

Just wondering if Bricsys would consider allowing BRX and specifically lrx files to run under Linux BricsCAD Lite? Maybe it does already? I see the attached image shows Pro and higher only.

I think this would open up a larger market for BRX applications. What do you think? Maybe more volume for less cost. I would like to offer my lrx application at a reduced price to compete with other platforms. Having people purchase Pro may hinder a more global and emerging market with less money. Like the people using Linux.

Comments

• I think it's pretty well structured as it is now. People with lite can run lisp/dcl and anyone willing to purchase an add-on wouldn't mind paying a little extra for Pro to be able to do it. Actually the Linux community is pretty lucky to have BricsCAD Lite with Lisp, what other major developer is willing to invest time and money in an OS with only 2-3% of the market. Don't get me wrong, while I'm new to Linux I like it, but business is business.

• @Terry Dotson said:
    Actually the Linux community is pretty lucky to have BricsCAD Lite with Lisp, what other major developer is willing to invest time and money in an OS with only 2-3% of the market. Don't get me wrong, while I'm new to Linux I like it, but business is business.

Agreed, we are lucky. I hope they continue. OS competition is needed.