2D Sheet Set not updating

Being new to Bricscad I have been working with my sheet set template.dwt in 2D. As long as I create a .dst file in the same folder as the template.dwt all my Sheet Set Custom properties all update i.e. revision #, revision date, revision descriptions. Whenever I create a new sheet set and use the template.dwt and put into another directory (like a new project) none of the Sheet Set Custom properties update in the new folder. They only update in the original folder's .dst file. Very confusing. I am sure I got a check box not set properly. Any help would be greatly appreciative.

Comments

• The Sheet Set system has some limitations. Bricsys is aware of at least some of them, and I hope will iron them out, but it would be helpful to file a support request describing your specific situation. Meanwhile, here are a couple things I've learned that may be relevant:

Sometimes custom sheet properties from templates fail to appear until a new custom sheet property is created in the active sheet set. See previous forum discussion:
    https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/36034

And recent support feedback to bug report about publishing sheet sets:

SR 128977: Publish command to generate pdf sheets loses the sheet data when Publish in Background is selected. This happens whether I try to generate single or multi-page pdfs. After clicking the Publish button, the current sheet set disappears (i.e., closes abruptly) from the sheet set manager panel. Then, a pdf does get created, but the sheet fields such as title, sheet number, etc., show "----" instead of the correct values.

Response: Unfortunately, this is a known issue of the Sheet Set Manager. This issue had been reported to the development team, and they are working to resolve it.

When Plot or Publish commands are used and there is a Sheet Set opened in the Sheet Set Manager, the opened Sheet Set appears to close, but it doesn't get saved. Opening it again only opens the version of the sheet set that was saved from the last session.

There are 2 potential workarounds:

• Before publishing a set, save the drawing you were working on and close the sheet set. Keep a windows explorer window opened and check that the sheet set got saved by looking at the date modified timestamp and reopen it again. Move the old .ds$ file from the folder if it still reverts.
    • Use an older version of BricsCAD where this issue doesn't occur: Download BricsCAD v21_1_08 English

You can learn how to install more than one BricsCAD version on the same computer and use BricsCAD v21.1.08 only for Plotting/Publishing.

• My issue goes deeper and it may be this bug causing this (although I have seen what you are talking about above). Before I even publish to pdf, as I create new sheets in a set none of my attributes are updating to what is set in the Sheet Set Custom Properties. UpdateField does nothing. Regenerate does nothing either. I am not able to show revision changes to any of my sheet sets (as we retain 5 revisions on each of our pdf's for reference). Each attribute references each one of the Custom properties. No matter what i do they will not update. Is this also a bug in the latest version?