Area Polyline with double lines

Hi Collegues,

I’m worried about the following case (see attachment):
When I draw a 2D square 10m x 10m with a polyline, the area reads 100m². When the square is hatched, the hatch area is 100m².

Now, I draw the same square, this time I don’t stop drawing when the square is closed, I draw the same square a second time (overlap) in the same polyline of the first square. This square is still 10m x 10m, but the area of the polyline is now (incorrectly) 200m². The hatch area is 100m².
I understand this is caused due to overlapping lines, but these overlaps can happen by accident (though not so extreme). I know the command Overkill to delete double lines in a polyline.

Question: is there a setting in Bricscad that disables the influence of double lines on the area of the polyline. I want to read the 'correct' area of the polyline without the effect of double lines, at any time without the Overkill command.

Thanks for the help!
David
Surveyor

Comments

• I fear there is no such setting.
    Are you on V20? V21 seems to crash when you select such a polyline with the properties panel open, I raised a SR for this some time ago.
    The only quick workaround that I can think of is to temporarily create a region that surrounds all your geometry, and then use boundary detection to list areas (needs ROLLOVERTIPS activated, as well as the first bit of SELECTIONPREVIEW and the third bit of SELECTIONMODES set).
    No real solution, I know.

• I'm using V20. Thanks for the comment.

• BricsCAD 21.2.04 shows the area correctly