Viewing a drawing in higher quality

Just upgraded to V22 and it seems that the text of my drawings is now some sort of "draft" mode so that the letters look very rough. The text of my tables too, only show the top row of text unless editing or plot-preview when all looks normal. I'd like to figure out how to get it back to the way I'm accustomed to draft, that is, with all text showing and lettering at higher resolution. I realize that it might refresh slower, but I'd prefer to have it the way it was. What is the command / variable / settings that controls this? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Could you post a screenshot of the display issue?

• I don't have a screen shot, it appears that the problem has resolved. However, other visual issues (missing lines when zoomed in) have appeared. I have now determined that the issue is caused by incompatible graphics cards. I thought perhaps it was a setting in BricsCAD, but most likely it's hardware. Thank you @Billie for responding.

• What is your gaphics card if a dual system like Intel & Nvidia make sure set to Nvidia. part of windows settings per program.

• The graphics card is an important component for BricsCAD, it should at least be decent. But up to date graphics card drivers are equally important, did you check if the most recent drivers have been installed? Sometimes the newest driver is causing the issue and then going back one version might solve this for the short term.

Just an example, on my old laptop I had display issues with V19 that went away on the new laptop with a better graphics card. A while ago my new laptop crashed so I reverted to the old laptop to continue working with V21 while reinstalling the OS and software and much to my surprise there were no display issues at all on the old laptop. Either BricsCAD improved its rendering core or it must have been a driver issue at that time that lasted for several driver versions and later drivers solved the issue. (The newer laptop is better than the old one, but the old one is apparently still quite decent to use for BricsCAD)

The text issue could possilby be one of two things, font smoothing for TTF fonts is disabled in the OS settings (depending on whether you are on Windows, Mac or Linux) or the view resolution (VIEWRES) is too low but then you would have other display issues as well (e.g. no smooth circles). My setting for VIEWRES is typically 2000 as that offers a decent balance between display (re)draw quality and speed.

• The issues apparently was 2DWireFrame. Problem goes away when choosing other Visual Style. Perhaps that is the way it was designed.

• The issues apparently was 2DWireFrame.

Interesting .....

BTW,
    for me 2D Wireframe is the strangest of a Visual Styles.
    I only get this activated unwanted, like when loading in DWG exports from
    Vectorworks. 2D Wireframe is mostly unusable for my kind of projects.

AFAIK,
    2D Wireframe is

• not part of the RedSDK graphic engine
    • CPU only, not GPU accelerated. (?)
    • single-threaded only and therefore slooooooow
    • (so for OpenGL trouble shooting only)

So here is my question,
    is 2D Wireframe capable of doing anything special that RedSDK GPU
    accelerated "Wireframe" View Style can't do ?

(Things like reliably locking Z axis when drawing in top view or such things ?)

• 'Native' 2D wireframe is very much more accurate, snapping etc, than any of the other (rendered/processed) styles.

In 3D, I frequently drop back into 2D wireframe, to zoom in and correct many 'not quite' snaps. Of course as soon as you pan/rotate you lose track of the forest of wireframe lines, so soon have to go back into Modeling or whatever.

• Interesting.
    And that does not work with the same precision in (3D) Wireframe view when
    in an orthogonal View ?

I personally hate drawing inaccuracies and SR'ed early e.g. when drawing in
    orthogonal views shifted in unwanted Z or 3rd Axis you can't control nor see.
    Haven't experienced much snapping inaccuracies beside that or when snapping
    to far away areas after zooming and shifting with snap perpendicular to wanted
    direction - and not being able to easily recognize the discrepancy.

BTW,
    that is why I am so excited about OPTIMIZE.
    (Which I completely missed in V21, which now even works in 3D)
    But with first tests, it is very error prone to user errors when setting the tolerances ...

• @Michael Mayer said:
    is 2D Wireframe capable of doing anything special that RedSDK GPU
    accelerated "Wireframe" View Style can't do ?

(Things like reliably locking Z axis when drawing in top view or such things ?)

I'm not aware of visual style having any bearing on locking z-axis. However, we use 2D Wireframe for essentially all 2D drawing work. (For 3D work, I tend to use the BIM visual style.) 2D Wireframe, I think, is the only style that displays lineweights and plot styles in paper space viewports.

I never consciously compared text display in different styles before now, but to me, text actually looks sharper in 2D Wireframe, running v22 on Windows 10, AMD processor.

• @Michael Mayer said:
    And that does not work with the same precision in (3D) Wireframe view when
    in an orthogonal View ?

No, that's just another rendered style

• So I learned "2D Wireframe" is mandatory for 2D Plan Drawings.

I tested here on Mac M1 Mini in V22.
    But I can't see any visual difference between 2D WF and WF.
    Neither Text Quality nor do I miss Line Weights ...

On the other hand I do not see any acceleration by Wireframe
    also with my Test File.
    Same 1-2 FPS when panning.

Test File was a client's 2D Plans (Elevations, Sections and Floor Plans)
    All beside each other in Model Space only.

Should I try something in Paper Space and/or Windows to see a
    potential difference ?

BTW
    I also found a Text Quality Setting which defaults to 50 of 0-100.

• @Michael Mayer said:
    I do not see any acceleration by Wireframe

Meaning no acceleration in which - 2d WF, or rendered WF?

All beside each other in Model Space only.

You mean different visualstyles can be applied to neighbouring viewports?

• I meant that standard Wireframe doesn't feel any faster than 2D Wireframe
    in my test on Mac.

No Viewports at all they have 2D drawn all "plans" in Modelspace.

• As the View flies in Vectorworks View Window with at least 60 FPS
    (VW is a native Apple ARM App)
    I think I should re-check Bricscad View Styles on Windows PC first ...

• @Michael Mayer said:
    ... nor do I miss Line Weights ...

I am learning more, too. The other "rendered" visual styles do display lineweights if I do a regen, whereas 2D Wireframe responds instantly to toggling LWDISPLAY on and off.

The lineweights in 2D Wireframe also scale unobtrusively with the rest of the geometry as I zoom in or out in paper space. In contrast, if zoomed in on a viewport with a rendered visual style active, regenerating with LWDISPLAY on, then zooming out causes the lineweights to look grossly out of proportion until another regen.

@Michael Mayer said:
    BTW
    I also found a Text Quality Setting which defaults to 50 of 0-100.

Never knew. Maybe this could help OP's display issue?

• Never knew. Maybe this could help OP's display issue?

Yes, that's why I mentioned it.
    It says something Text Quality also in Viewports (or Paperspace ?)