Is it possible to install V22 on Windows 7?

Hello,
I tried to install V22 on my desktop, still with my favorite Windows. It installed OK but when starting I got a System Error message:
"The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-processtopology-obsolete-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling...".
Any clues?
Thanks

Comments

• Dear Joao,
    seems the missign DLL is from a later Win 8/10 ...
    you might check the web, if there is an official or inofficial way to get that newer module installed into Win 7 ...
    many greetings !

• @Torsten Moses said:
    Dear Joao,
    seems the missign DLL is from a later Win 8/10 ...
    you might check the web, if there is an official or inofficial way to get that newer module installed into Win 7 ...
    many greetings !

Hi Torsten, thanks for the tip.
    I found and tried to install it (2 different versions, instructions from https://www.dll4free.com, but didn't succeed. Opening the DLL with Notepad, it mentions a file API-MS-Win-Core-ProcessTopology-Obsolete-L1-1-0.pdb, that I couldn't find.
    So unless any other tip, I can't install V22 on Windows 7.
    Commercially, the argument that BricsCAD is much less demanding in terms of OS is fading.
    I had installed AutoCAD 2022, just with a modification of the Setup.xml file.
    Cheers!

• Hi Joao,
    a customer recently was able to install on Win 7 ...
    but he was required to download a "API-MS-Win-Core-ProcessTopology-Obsolete-L1-2-0.dll"
    (meaning, a newer/updated version 2 ?) of that mysterious DLL ...
    he copied into Windows System32 folder ... then BricsCAD was running ...

Commercially, the argument that BricsCAD is much less demanding in terms of OS is fading.

not really :-) it is more or less "stochastic" what kind of internal dependencies Mircosoft adds to its DLL files :-(
    We have no control over that ... also, another plain coincidence :
    installing whatever other 3rd party software might also install system DLLs, not completely belonging to the particuar Windows system ... and then, voila, out of a sudden some other software will work.
    many greetings !