Slow performance when switching between layouts.

BricsCAD hangs or pauses when switching between layouts in a drawing. I'm working in a drawing that have 6 pages. Each page around 7~8 view ports. It takes more or less 15 min to change between pages.

Comments

• How much ram do you have ?

• 16gb. When I'm changing between sheets the use of memory can reach 9gb. After it finished to load "cached metafiles" drops to 1,5 gb.

• @ALANH said:
    How much ram do you have ?

16gb. When I'm changing between sheets the use of memory can reach 9gb. After it finished to load "cached metafiles" drops to 1,5 gb.

• If you have 6 viewports switched on, each with complex drawings eg. hotel floor plan. That can slow things down.

• I forgot to ask: Does it happen only on this drawing ?

• I am getting a consistent crash on a file when I switch to layout view. I get a "reused metafiles" message as it freezes. I'm looking for a cache to clear or something that might help.
  • Hi,

Perhaps it might help speed things up a little if "Cache layout" in your settings has its box ticked.

Otherwise, keep your files lean and clean via purge/ optimise and if things are still sluggish, please feel free to file a Support Request to us.

Many thanks.

Kin