BricsCAD Mechanical from Inventor

The case is than the customer is a Inventor user and SolidWorks user but he want to migrate to BricsCAD Mechanical.
1) How to do a mechanical rendering ? is it possible to do this with the only software mechanical?
2) How to do a electrical scheme rendering with mechanical?
3) In the case of the files importation from Solidworks the end user lost the editing data ?
4)How to do a simulation, clash detection, issues ( like Autodesk Nastran or Navisworks) check by Mechanical?

Comments

• Hello Braiola,

I work with both Bricscad Mechanical and Autodesk Inventor.
    I'll try to help you with your questions.

1. Bricscad mechanical has a render tool. No other software required.
    2. I'm not sure what you mean with rendering an electrical sheme, but you can draw electrical schemes in the 2d workspace in the same you could in Autocad. To my knowledge there is no standards library for electrical symbols but could make your own or try to find something in the app store.
    3. Each CAD system uses it's own format to work Bricscad uses DWG, Inventor uses IPT and solidworks uses slrdp. Some systems can interpret other systems formats and then converts it to its own format. But in almost all cases this saves only the Geometry and mechanical structure and all other information is lost. So if you open solidworks files in Bricscad and you edit them and then save the files all feature information that solidwork put in the original file will be lost.
    4. I'm not sure if Bricscad has this. I have not used it up untill now.

With kind regards
    Robert
  • Hi Braiola,

Simulations like finite element analyses are not supported natively in BricsCAD. A common solution for this need is to have a separate simulation software, of your choice, then export your models from BricsCAD and import them to the simulation software.

Best regards,
    Fredrik